Therapy is focused on you. You have the opportunity to be in a safe place where and to be who you are without judgment. You can bring all the parts of yourself – the good, the bad and the ugly, knowing without a doubt that there will be 100% confidentiality. That’s what makes therapy worthwhile.
Would you like to know more? Let’s schedule a 20-minute phone call.
I started as a Family Therapist at The Meadows, a treatment center in Wickenburg, AZ (USA) that’s world-famous for treatment of Trauma. While there I was provided training and treatment in Post-Induction Therapy by Pia Mellody. Following that I began working with A Sober Way Home in Prescott, AZ (USA) starting as a contractor, then Primary Therapist and finally Clinical Director – a position I held for five years. In early 2016 I decided to return to my passion – working directly with clients struggling with addiction and their families.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Religion from St. Olaf College in Northfield, MN (USA) in 2001
- Master’s Degree in Counseling from the Adler Graduate School in Bloomington, MN (USA) in 2006
Training and Certifications:
- Certified Somatic Experiencing Practitioner
Other interesting facts about me:
- I served as a faculty member at Grand Canyon University’s graduate program for addiction and counseling. I’ve also taught at Rio Salado Community College in their addiction and substance abuse program and at Ottawa University’s undergraduate psychology program.
- I have specialized, post-graduate training in treatment of substance abuse, alcoholism, sex addiction, trauma, PTSD, attachment-focused therapies and personality disorders.
- I appeared on A&E’s Intervention four times.
- I published an article about families and addiction with National Geographic.
- I co-wrote a Christ-focused book on sex addiction called “Porn Again.”
- I clocked over 100 hours of post-licensure class time and supervision in trauma treatment.
I’m originally from the Midwest, but I love Arizona. I’m married to Maria, the love of my life. We have twin daughters that we adore. When I actually do have some free time I like to take in a Netflix series.